Running a business is no small feat. This is especially true when you have giants like Amazon, Target, and Walmart to compete with. No matter your niche, there’s a high chance these companies already sell similar products.
Sorry to start with that bit of harsh reality.
Now that we’re past that, how can you ensure that your business gets, well, business? The first step is to get your website up and running. Your customers can then connect with you and view your products outside of a physical store. Easy said, but is it so easily done? Well, it appears so, with these 10 Best Business Website Builders.
Impatient readers, watch my 10 Best Websites for Small Business video.
Founded in 2006, Wix has a database of more than 200 million global users. Known for its vast directory of website templates, it is the best website builder for small businesses. You can also start from scratch if complicating things is your jam. With the easy-to-use drag and drop feature, website creation got a lot easier.
- Custom domain names are crucial to stand out and be searchable for your customers. The Wix tool allows you to pick and customize the domain name that you will go-to-market with.
- Live chat is one of the best ways to connect with your customers. Wix has an easy template for this called Wix Chat. You can include this on your website to make it more engaging.
- Secure website hosting is one of the most important aspects of owning a website. Wix takes care of this for you.
Hesitant to get started? Don’t worry, Weebly is a website builder for small businesses that is easy to use and customize to your exact expectations. The drag and drop feature allows you to include whatever feature you want to be included. Business owners can start with a free plan which can be upgraded as necessary.
- One of the most important aspects of an e-commerce website is to have a shopping cart that works. Weebly has an integrated checkout system that is updated automatically when you build your website.
- What’s better than having a functional inventory management system on the end website. This makes it easy to communicate with customers about stocks-left and may even boost purchases.
- You don’t have to wait to get to your desktop to manage your website. Weebly allows you to modify and update on your phone.
In three easy steps, you get your complete website. If you’re stuck on how to create a website for your business, fret not. This tool takes care of website structure and designs themselves, allowing users to focus on content.
- Site123 has a built-in SEO tracker that allows you to monitor your site’s performance. You can see where you stand and make necessary modifications to make your site more user-friendly.
- A custom domain is crucial for a better reach. This tool allows you to choose your domain making the URL unique.
- Websites built on Site123 are responsive and can be viewed on mobile without needing to manually change layouts.
Building a website does not need to be complicated. Squarespace has award-winning templates that have been wooing users for over a decade. Though it is one of the top website builders for small businesses, it is free to use with upgrade options.
- Users can customize every aspect of the website with Squarespace’s customizable templates. These templates support major content types including galleries, blogs, calendars, and more.
- Any website built on Squarespace comes with a free SSL certificate. This will help convince your customers that your site is secure and their information will be protected.
- The importance of marketing cannot be understated. Squarespace allows you to send out email campaigns and integrate social media. You will also be privy to marketing analytics like page views and duration.
No, building a website is not expensive. Well, it doesn’t have to be thanks to GoDaddy. With a worldwide community of over 20 million customers, GoDaddy is trusted for its services.
- Getting your SEO and online presence right can be tricky. GoDaddy helps you build dynamic websites that you can modify to your whims and fancies.
- Personalize your unique domain mailbox to seem like ‘the real deal’ to your customers.
- If you need assistance, you can hire GoDaddy experts to design premium websites for a nominal cost.
Looking for something that’s all-in-one. WordPress is your solution. It has professionally designed themes that will help your website stand out.
- WordPress provides you with in-depth statistics about your customers and where they’re from.
- You can edit your website on-the-go on mobile with the appropriate app.
- Your content loads perfectly on all screen sizes if you use one of the hundreds of affordable and responsive WordPress themes.
On a tight budget? Webnode has your back. It is a completely free-to-use tool that has many templates to choose from. One of the best parts is that you can design or modify your website from mobiles and tablets.
- Users can create a domain mailbox. This helps to build trust with customers.
- Webnode has reliable hosting on secure servers. And, as your business scales, you can buy more space and bandwidth.
- The user-friendly website designer makes it easy for even novices to build a website. Its intuitive editor makes for a one-click solution for website building.
Yes, a website with all the top features can be free to build! Volusion has over 180,000 entrepreneurs who trust this tool to aid their business.
- Volusion has a built-in inventory management system that takes away the stress from you. You can track product status and will be sent low-stock alarms.
- With Volusion, you can expand your store to Facebook, eBay, and Amazon with very simple integration. You can also generate discounts and gift cards with just a click.
- Track exactly what your customers are up to with the customer management feature.
Exclusively made to build e-commerce websites, Shopify is perfect for making a business website. It has a 14-day free trial. So if you aren’t satisfied with the result, you can start over.
- Users can edit HTML and CSS source codes on websites built with Shopify. This allows you to customize every aspect from a single accent line to text and image placements.
- Shopify allows you to build dynamic websites that will work across devices. You won’t need to spend extra time on phone browser development.
- You will have access to Shopify experts that will customize your shop from brick and mortar.
Building a website is only the first step. Using that website to propel growth is what is most important. And, there’s no better tool than BigCommerce to help you accomplish that.
- The checkout page is completely customizable. This will let you give your users a unique experience.
- The built-in SEO tool helps make sure your traffic improves.
Gone are the days of coding and costly hosting charges. Take your pick of these website builders to give your business the boost it deserves. We recommend Wix for beginners, and WordPress if you wish to customize your business website significantly in the near future.