Creating a web app needs innovative ideas. Once it is in place, all that remains is to use a web application framework that makes the development process manageable and speedy.
A key feature of Django is its well-written documentation, and hence, checking out the official Django documentation pages provides great references for using the framework.
Using Django for web application development will benefit customers in different ways:
- Develop the product rapidly
- Meet high traffic demands
- Use the app for any project as the product is versatile
- Offers superb security against malware
What Is Django?
The word Django is named after the jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt and the framework was first released in 2005. The main ideology behind Django is to facilitate rapid development and a crystal-clear design of your frontend that’s loaded with features, scalability, and security.
With various Python web frameworks already in use, what’s the use of Django? This framework is the apt choice for those websites that involve cross-site scripting, require feature-rich provisioning, and involves a large user base.
Given Below Are the 11 Best Django Hosting Providers Who Can Serve Your Requirements.
1. Vultr High Frequency Compute Instances
One of the best NVMe SSD cloud service providers, Vultr promises an uncompromised hosting experience to its users. The storage availability starts from 32GB and the pricing from $6.00/month. The company also offers a $100 free credit to test their servers.
Why Do I Think Vultr Is the Best Django Hosting Service Provider?
With impeccable records and expertise in Django Hosting, the provider has 17 data centers worldwide, including Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, Dallas, Amsterdam, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, and more.
Vultr HF instances come with NVMe storage and 3GHz+ clock frequency Intel processors for higher speed and performance.
Another reason for choosing Vultr for your Django hosting is its developer-friendly documentation. Anyone developer can use this platform without any hassle to build the application from scratch.
Other features include:
- Full root access
- Instantly deployable servers
- Hundreds of OS and one-click apps
- Free snapshots
- Web Application Firewall and DDoS protection
2. Hostinger VPS
Many might find it surprising to find Hostinger VPS on the list, but this indeed is a pleasant surprise as the provider comes with a definite advantage compared to others. Hostinger might be the cheapest VPS service provider when it comes to small-scale Django projects. Don’t expect it as a freebie, but they are indeed close to spending negligible money.
Note that the Shared and Cloud hosting plans are incompatible with Django as Python is not supported here.
Why Use Hostinger VPS for Django?
Pay minimum but reap maximum benefits of getting all that’s required to come up with the Django app. Some key pointers that trigger individuals to choose Hostinger VPS for Django Hosting includes:
- Though Hostinger doesn’t set up the server (this makes sense for the cheap pricing plans provided), they do help in other ways. The provider keeps an eye on the physical servers and gives solutions to server issues.
- Pay the bare minimum and purchase additional accessories such as SEO toolkit, premium support, and regular backups at an extra price, if only needed.
- Reliable uptime and stability, making it a performance-focused Django hosting platform. The speed might not be great, but it is optimal for small-scale projects.
- Cancel the plan anytime within 30 days of purchase and get a full refund.
As its name suggests, PythonAnywhere is a host that exclusively offers Python hosting to its customers. So, why isn’t it so popular among the people? Simply because it’s a hardcore Python hosting specialist and hence, thrives as a popular choice only among Python developers.
The servers run on AWS EC2 instances, a platform that’s carved a name for itself due to its stability and performance. As the platform comes with core Python and associated libraries, Django could directly be deployed from the dashboard. This way, there is no need to download the packages, which saves ample time.
Why Choose PythonAnywhere for Django?
- It is one of the most recommended hosts for Django as it provides Python-specific features. The host installs SSL, provides access to SSH , and there is even an option to share your screen with other developers.
- Knowledgeable professionals maintain everything, the forum is active where the staff responds to any unresolved queries, and the customer support provided via emails is by Django experts.
- Average-priced plans make it affordable for all. Of course, the provider has an upper-cap restriction of 2,000 CPU seconds for the $5.00/month plan. Still, the pricing is cost-effective for small and medium apps.
- Comes with excellent features for teaching and collaboration with other individuals.
A cloud-based platform, Heroku thrives as the perfect hosting solution for numerous programming languages such as Ruby, PHP, Java, and of course, Python.
Heroku is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud infrastructure.
Why Choose Heroku for Django Hosting?
- Deploy a simple Django app within minutes.
- Simply the best one for small and medium-sized apps.
- Comes with GitHub integration and runs in smart containers called dynos that’s monitored and upgraded continuously.
- Easy facility to roll back the code or the database to the previous state, which helps individuals try different things without fear.
- Reliable, flexible, and customer-friendly dashboard
- The plans are average-priced, but as the customer’s needs grow, the cost might become expensive. But, the provider has both free and paid plans. The paid plans contain ‘pay as you go’ provisioning, where you pay only after your demands increase.
5. Red Hat OpenShift: Provides A Free Plan For Developers
This is a Kubernetes platform that’s available as a fully-managed cloud service on the public cloud or a self-managed software that can be used by those companies that are particular about customization. Irrespective of the host environment, Red Hat OpenShift helps run applications where you need them.
The OpenShift platform is a PaaS infrastructure that exists as a learning platform for Django.
Why Use OpenShift for Django?
- OpenShift gear is a container that contains a set of resources that helps individuals run their applications. The user can do various functionalities, including troubleshooting, test, learning, and debugging. This way, the platform can be considered as a convenient one for learning and using Django.
- Besides the Django tutorials, Red Hat OpenShift provides several tutorials and support questions that help individuals learn Django and use it optimally for building a web application.
- An award-winning support team helps in maintaining utmost security, manage complex environments, and deliver high performance in different environments.
- Suitable for Free Django hosting.
DigitalOcean sets the right cloud platform to develop, manage, and intensify applications using its completely managed databases, scalable storage options, customizable networking products, and a wide range of 1-Click apps available.
Why Use DigitalOcean for Django?
- If a hands-on approach is your choice, go with DigitalOcean for Django Hosting.
- Build complex applications that assure scalability, flexibility, and performance.
- DigitalOcean offers ample configuration possibilities that are highly customizable and guarantee the best performance for your Django app.
- Affordable pricing plans and a user-friendly setup
- 9 data centers and offers a 60-day free trial period with $100 free credit.
- There are no hosted databases, analytics, or configuration management provisions offered, but the prices start nominally at $5.00/month.
7. Contabo VPS
Recommended as the number one choice for Django projects in Europe, Contabo VPS is indeed Europe’s best Django hosting platform due to several attractive features.
Why Choose Contabo VPS for Django?
- Has data centers in 5 regions, including Singapore, East, West, and Central US, and two (Munich and Nuremberg) in native Germany
- The company has ample features that can handle the most advanced Django requirements.
- Provides affordable VPS solution starting at $6.99/month, one of the cheapest yet optimal ways to get your computing instances
- Contabo offers 100% SSD and affordable HDD servers that offer more storage space for the amount paid.
- Ample server management features such as reinstalling the operating system, rebooting the VPS, configuring DNS entries, and more.
- One-click snapshot and restoration plans are available with all the 100% SSD plans available.
- While all plans offer unlimited bandwidth, the speed varies according to the chosen plan.
- A 64 support staff team operates 365 days of the year between 8 am and 11 pm. CHIP Magazine has awarded them the best support team. You can contact them either through phone or email, but presently, there is no live chat support provision.
8. A2 Hosting VPS
A2 Hosting has been popular for a long time, owing to its user-friendly hosting plans. Even the shared hosting plans come loaded with features, but you have to choose A2’s VPS hosting plans for Django app hosting.
Capturing the market for more than a decade, A2 Hosting provides impeccable uptime and loading time.
Why Choose A2 Hosting for Django?
- Provides the best control panel experience
- There are multiple servers located in different locations such as Australia, Canada, France, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Extremely cheap pricing starting at $3.92/month, making A2 a budget-friendly option for many customers.
- Offers the best web host solution thriving as a developer-friendly platform for Django
- 20-times faster Turbo servers are available, making your website’s SEO ranking and conversion rates better. This also guarantees 40% better CPU performance, 3-times faster write/read speed, and the ability to handle 9-times more traffic.
- A reliable and knowledgeable customer support team that’s available 24*7 all through the year
- Unlimited SSD provisioning
9. Kamatera Cloud
Kamatera is one of the best cloud-hosting service providers who guarantee fast, reliable, and flexible business and managed solutions for startups, SaaS developers, and app developers.
The company’s ‘Pay as You Go’ offer provides instant scaling (up or down, start with a single processor and go up) as required, helping save money.
Why Choose Kametera Cloud for Django Hosting?
- The platform is user-friendly and helps individuals to become proficient in managing any web app.
- Comes fully loaded with features such as easy SSL installation, snapshot backups, emailing, and more
- Customizable servers and outstanding scalability features enabling customers to scale up to 100-times the CPU power and 500-times that of the RAM. Change scalability depending on traffic as the provider charges by the hour.
- Plans start at $9.00/month. $100 credit for new signups
- Choose between unmanaged or managed support. The provider offers 24/7 support via phone, email, and live chat, where a knowledgeable support team handles all related issues.
- 13 data centers worldwide, a robust infrastructure, and an intuitive cPanel, along with infinite scalability options, make Kametera the perfect choice for Django.
10. Hostwinds VPS
For Hostwinds, customers are the king! Full-fledged support of the latest technologies makes this provider the go-to choice for tech-savvy geeks. Unlike others, Hostwinds comes with 10 different setups available to choose from—each of them comes with different RAM, CPU, storage, and bandwidth availability.
Why Choose Hostwinds for Django Hosting?
- Choose between VPS and cloud Django environments. Though both are similar, the cloud environment offers flexible scalability where customers can pay on the go.
- A user-friendly and intuitive customer panel that comes with features such as firewall management, snapshot features, robust API, SSH key creation, load balancers deployment, and more
- The wide range of plans and the affordable pricing of the plans makes Hostwinds a good choice for all.
- The customer support team is available 24/7 though not all of the staff are knowledgeable in Python. Still, the team is professional and can answer queries with ease.
- Fully managed plans that take care of all important needs such as daily backups, speed optimization issues, patches, boot problems, hardware failures, security issues, and more
- Plans start as low as $5.17/month, but larger plans are not highly cost-effective.
11. ChemiCloud VPS
With a 99.99% uptime guarantee, free website migration, and award-winning support team, ChemiCloud VPS is one of the best Django hosting providers that offer a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Having data centers in places including Dallas, London, India, Sydney, Singapore, Bucharest, and Frankfurt, the company offers affordable VPS hosting suitable for Django apps.
Why Choose ChemiCloud for Django Hosting Services?
- With the provisioning of SSD drives, expect 300% speedier access to databases and files.
- Get a free domain name for a lifetime when you purchase any of the plans.
- With data centers worldwide, ChemiCloud promises faster page load time and the lowest latency rate.
- Enhanced performance and security as the company uses the latest technologies such as LiteSpeed, PHP 7, and HTTP/2.
- The support team resolves any queries in under 10 minutes and provides an immediate reply to live chat.
- Cloud VPS hosting comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee
- Django is supported in shared hosting plans too, but these come with unmanaged support.
- All plans offer specific disk storage space. Use ChemiCloud for Django starting at just $6.95/month for a 3-year membership and get additional perks.
Django is a Python-based, user-friendly, and versatile open-source web application framework. Use any of the hosting providers mentioned above to launch your Django-based apps. However, always check for scalability, money-back guarantee, and data center locations, as these features will impact the performance of your apps.
Though no single provider can be termed the best Django hosting service provider, I use Vultr for my day-to-day tasks and am quite confident about their quality. I will recommend testing their trial service and find if that works for you or not.