Are you looking for the Best WordPress hosting in the UK? Are you searching for a hosting that provides the best speed, performance, and uptime guarantee in the United Kingdom?
There are several reputed hosting companies in the UK, but when it comes to targeting a specific geographic part of the globe, the speed and performance of a hosting company vary depending on the location of its servers and CDNs.
So, what features should you look for? And most importantly, how affordable is it to host a website with UK-based hosting?
I have handpicked the top seven WordPress hosting in the UK that provide excellent speed and assistance at attractive prices. So, make sure you scroll down to the end of this intricately curated article and make an informed decision to hire the best UK-based WordPress hosting.
8 Best WordPress Hosting UK
1. Pressidium: Undoubtedly The Best UK-based Managed WordPress Hosting
Headquartered in London, Pressidium makes an excellent choice for a UK-based WordPress hosting provider that offers enterprise-level solutions. The company has been providing highly tailored and multi-tier WordPress architecture to its clients since 2014. Unlike ordinary hosting companies, Pressidium focuses on expertise and resources to strengthen its service mix.
Here are some notable features of Pressidium hosting:
- With features like load balancing, easy scalability, quick backup, and automatic core updates, Pressidium strives hard to maintain an impeccable uptime of above 99.95%.
- A free SSL Certificate, web application firewall (WAF), secure transfer protocol, and bad bots filtering are some features that Pressidium incorporates to ensure the best security for your website and database.
- Dynamic load balancing, 42 PoPs content delivery network (CDN), RAID SSD storage, multilayer caching, PHP optimization help your website achieve unmatched levels of speed and performance.
- Apart from the above, Pressidium also offers an intuitively designed and easy-to-use dashboard that makes it easier to access your data, backups, analytics, etc., with a few clicks.
PROS and CONS:
- Pressidium offers a 60 days money-back guarantee, the highest in the industry, to its customers.
- With a content delivery network spread across 42 global locations, Pressidium guarantees lightning-fast loading speed for your website worldwide.
- With an impeccable uptime guarantee of 99.95%, Pressidium manages to keep your website online all the time.
- Free Migration and a customized one-click dashboard make it an easy-to-use platform.
- Pressidium does not offer email hosting, which is a big turn down for many prospective clients who seek the web and email hosting at one place.
- Pressidium’s hosting plans are slightly on the higher side as they target enterprises and businesses.
2. WPX Hosting: Offers Great Speed and Support
Since its inception in 2013, WPX Hosting has been regarded as a highly reliable managed WordPress hosting provider in Europe and worldwide. The company has three global data centers located in Sydney, London, and Chicago. Therefore, if you want to host a website in the UK, WPX Hosting can be a great choice.
Let’s have a look at its prominent features.
- Prompt and experienced customer support staff
- Free website migration from any host to WPX Hosting
- A super fasts CDN with 26 global locations
- Free malware scan, detection, and removal
- Free Auto-backup that is kept safe for 28 days
- Free SSL certificate and one-click staging sites
PROS and CONS
- Excellent uptime guarantee of 99.95%
- Free migration, CDN, and SSL certificate
- Excellent global loading speed and performance
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Free malware removal along with DDoS attack protection
- No plans for a single WordPress installation
- Slightly expensive than its counterparts
- RAM isn’t impressive
3. Rocket.net: Offers The Best Global Response Time
Rocket.net is a new managed WordPress hosting company that started functioning back in 2020. With its headquarter in Germany, Rocket.net makes an ideal choice for hosting a UK-based website. Despite being new in the industry, Rocket.net seems to be establishing itself as a powerful competitor.
Let’s look at some of the unique features offered by Rocket.net.
- Rocket.net is backed by the remarkably fast Cloudflare Enterprise CDN, which means excellent speed for your website.
- They have an extremely knowledgeable and professional customer service and support team. Contact them via live chat or email. They are prompt with solutions and courteous as well.
- Free migration from any host
- Automatic daily backup and on-demand restoration
PROS and CONS
- Powerful CDN and abundant resources ensure that your website does not lack behind in terms of speed.
- Built-in plugins, excellent features, and an easy-to-use platform makes Rocket.net suitable for beginners.
- An experienced support system ensures that your website sees no downtime.
- Enhanced safety features protect your website from threats like hackers, malware, data theft, etc.
- Auto updates and auto-backup
- Not many how-to tutorials and resources are available on the platform, as it was recently launched in 2020.
- Rocket.net does not extend its services beyond WordPress.
- The prices of Rocket.net hosting plans cannot be stated entirely as affordable.
Kinsta provides an excellent WordPress hosting solution to more than 20,000 client websites in 128 countries across the globe. Since its inception in 2013, Kinsta has exponentially grown to become a highly reliable and renowned WordPress hosting in Europe and America. The platform offers some cutting-edge features to ease your hustle of hosting a website.
Some of these features are.
- Kinsta engineers can migrate your website from any host to Kinsta with zero downtime. However, the same is subjected to provisions of your plan.
- Automatic recovery from glitches
- Free hack and malware removal
- You can customize the backup window and even schedule an hourly backup of your website data.
- Automatic database optimization every week keeps your database clean.
- Multisite support, except for the basic plans
- Multi-user environment accustomed to the roles of key people.
- Free staging site, CDN, SSL certificate, PHP 8 support, and SSH access.
- Integrated server-level caching to improve the website speed
PROS and CONS
- Excellent customer support is available in multiple languages.
- Top-class performance and server optimization
- Highly scalable and fast infrastructure powered by Google Cloud
- 25 data centers across the globe
- Kinsta is limited to WordPress only
- There is no email hosting
- Limited plugins support
5. Nestify: The Best Value For Money WordPress Hosting With A Server In The UK
Powered by AWS and DigitalOcean, Nestify is an Austin, Texas-based managed WordPress hosting company that believes in providing highly cost-effective hosting solutions to its clients. And to justify it, they provide plans with services like faster CDN, free migration, unlimited sites, etc., at remarkably lower prices. It all helps Nestify offer a platform with a highly compatible user interface with an exceptional quality server.
Scroll down to know more about the features offered by Nestify.
- The first and foremost distinctive feature offered by Nestify is that you can host as many WordPress websites as you want with any plan you purchase.
- By incorporating multi-level caching, efficient processing, and ultra-fast CDN, Nestify ensures that your website delivers impeccable loading speed and performance.
- Nestify ensures that your website remains safe from malware, SQL injections, DDoS attacks, or any other security threat by having a robust security scan mechanism in place.
- With unlimited hosting, you get the benefit of complete migrations as well.
- Nestify has an excellent support staff of its own that is prompt with responses and solutions. They do not sublet the support tasks to third parties.
- Nestify creates the backup of your website data each day. And the best part is that you do not need to install a plugin for the same.
PROS and CONS
- Keeping in view the fact that Nestify lets you host unlimited sites, Nestify is very cost-effective.
- With almost everything built-in, there’s no need to install additional plugins for server management.
- Flexible pricing and plans that meet different requirements of different users.
- The support system is not as prompt as they claim it to be.
6. Krystal.uk: UK-based Hosting
Krystal is another London, UK-based WordPress hosting solution provider. The company came into existence in 2002, and ever since, it has hosted over 200,000 websites for 27000 clients, including Cadbury, the Financial Times, Nike, etc. It clearly indicates that Krystal makes an excellent choice for the big enterprises to host their website in the UK.
Krystal has grown to become the largest independent hosting company in the United Kingdom. Not just that, their data centers are powered by 100% renewable energy.
Let us see what sets Krystal apart from other hosting service providers.
- All the hosting plans on Krystal guarantee unbeatable uptime of 99.99%.
- All the plans provide added benefits like multiple email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited subdomains, etc.
- You get a free domain name on all the plans of Krystal.uk except the amethyst plan, where you have to purchase a domain name for your site.
- A website builder lets you easily assemble your site using the built-in layouts available on the platform.
- Along with a Let’sEncrypt SSL certificate, you also get the benefits of off-site backup.
PROS and CONS
- Extraordinary uptime guarantee of 99.99%, which means your website is virtually up and online all the time.
- The SSD and LiteSpeed caching ensure excellent speed for your website.
- There is no upper limit of bandwidth usage.
- Free SSL certificate and free data backup for your website.
- Free migration
- Environment-friendly hosting
- 60 days money-back guarantee
- The entry-level plan does not have many features.
- Call support is not available 24×7
7. WP Engine:
WP Engine is a renowned WordPress hosting company that presently powers millions of websites all over the world. Established in 2010, WP Engine has headquarters in Texas and offices in California, Texas, England, and Ireland. WP Engine makes a great choice for hosting a WordPress website in the UK with its offices and data centers across Europe.
Here are some prominent features of WP Engine.
- Automatic migration
- Dynamic staging environment
- Copy the layout of a previously created site
- Transfer bill to the client (for reselling)
- Professional support staff
- Core WordPress patching and fully managed security
- Offsite data backup and instant restoration
PROS and CONS
- Great Uptime
- Daily backup
- Live threat detection
- Excellent customer services
- Dynamic staging
- AWS/ Google Cloud powered hosting
- Phone support is not very good.
- No email hosting
- You have to purchase a domain from a third party
8. AccuWeb Hosting
AccuWeb Hosting is another well-known WordPress hosting provider in the UK. Despite being based in New Jersey (USA), they have a vast customer base in the UK and Europe. They offer a wide range of hosting solutions, including Shared Hosting, WordPress Hosting, VPS Hosting, Reseller, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Server, and much more. Surprisingly, their feature-rich WordPress hosting plan starts at just $2.99/Month.
AccuWeb Hosting ensures customer satisfaction and a worry-free experience. Their persistent and exemplary support will keep you stress-free.
Features offered by AccuWeb Hosting.
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Unlimited WordPress site hosting
- Option to select your server location
- Technical aspects of running WordPress are managed by the host.
- DDoS Protection
- Scalable WordPress Hosting
- Complimentary Backup
- 24/7 Technical Support and guaranteed ticket response in under 1 hour.
PROS and CONS
- Uptime ensure of 99.9%
- Free SSL certificate
- Great worldwide stacking speed and performance.
- Free MySQL Databases
- Business Email Accounts
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- No plan with unlimited bandwidth.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting UK?
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you choose the best WordPress hosting in the UK.
- First and foremost, there should be a server located in the UK. While preparing the list, I have taken care of that criteria. So, any hosting mentioned above has its server in the UK.
- Make sure the hosting company has as many CDN as possible. Rocket.net employs the Cloudflare Enterprise CDN for free. This provides the best user experience and core web vitals, according to my test results.
- Analyze the customer reviews to determine if the hosting company delivers desired performance, speed, and uptime.
- Make sure if the hosting company is capable of handling anticipated user traffic. All of the hosting mentioned here are quite capable of managing millions of traffic requests.
- Get in direct contact with customer support to clear any doubt or query.
There is an abundance of options when it comes to hosting a WordPress website in the UK. However, if you cannot figure out which one to choose, pick any of the seven hosting companies mentioned above that suits your budget. But if you want to host your website with a company located in the UK itself, Pressidium makes the best choice. If you want the best global average response time, Rocket.net is highly recommendable. And if you want the best value for your money, I will recommend Nestify.
I deliberately didn’t include some popular brands like BlueHost and SiteGround for their misleading pricing structure. Hopefully, this detailed comparison will help you make an informed decision in picking the best hosting for you.