Good web hosting is crucial to ensure that your online business remains online throughout the day and provides the excellent service that your visitors deserve. However, not all hosts are the same. While some charge exorbitantly for their quality services, some cheap hosting, on the other hand, provide sub-par quality and support.
As a customer, we always look for a hosting provider that is trustworthy yet budget-friendly. And in this article, I will review one such brand that claims to offer a reliable hosting service at a very affordable price.
ExonHost is a Dhaka-based web hosting service provider with its data centers in the USA, Singapore, Bangladesh, and Germany. It provides a plethora of services, including Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Servers. While writing this ExonHost Review article, I have tested its services and came up with its Pros and Cons. So, be with me as I will share my experience of hosting a real website on this platform.
ExonHost Review Summary
|Global Avg. Response Time||986 ms|
|Google PageSpeed Insights||99 mobile/100 desktop|
|Free SSL||Yes, Let’sEncrypt|
What Is ExonHost?
ExonHost is a Dhaka-based web hosting service provider that has customers from every corner of the world. It was first established as Obosor.com by Saleh Ahmed in 2009 to serve local businesses. Later in 2010, they acquired US-based SoCheapHost and renamed its old company to SoCheapHost. In 2015, the firm was registered as HostPair LLC in the USA. But they had to alter the name to ExonHost because of the trademark-related issues with the PARI Network.
ExonHost is a fast-growing web hosting company that offers hardware solutions for SSD web hosting, Reseller hosting, Virtual Private Servers, and Dedicated Servers. Over the years, they have served more than 5000 small business to enterprise-level clients. They claim to offer the best-in-class customer support with the latest research and development in the hosting industry.
The company offers a free migration service and several other benefits. So, if you are looking for an affordable host, ExonHost could be ideal for you.
ExonHost Performance Test Results
ExonHost offers affordable hosting solutions with transparent server details. In order to justify their claims, I purchased their cheapest shared hosting plan and hosted a WordPress website on it.
Here are my technical details. First, I changed the default theme to GeneratePress. This was partly because of my favoritism and partly because I always used GeneratePress for testing other hosts. Then I created a 1000 words long demo article and used two images of around 140 KB each. One of them was the featured image. No additional CDN was used, or other tweaks were performed unless mentioned explicitly in this article.
1. PageSpeed Insights Report:
Google offers this developer tool to provide the performance details of a web page on both Mobile and Desktop devices. The results are presented with a simple Overall score, lab data, and improvement opportunities. A higher score implies a better-performing web page. Here is the result screenshot corresponding to the Mobile version of my web page.
You can see it scored a perfect 99 out of 100. The FCP was 1.2 s, and the Speed Index was 2.6 s for the mobile version. The desktop version performed even better, and the overall score was 100. You can download the full report from here. Please note that I didn’t install any analytics software while performing these tests. So, the final result may be different for you.
2. GTmetrix Report:
GTmetrix is another independent performance monitoring tool for developers. A GTmetrix grade provides a summary of different performance metrics. Similar to PageSpeed Insights, it also gives details of different Web Vitals.
The Overall GTmetrix Grade was A, and other Web Vitals were well within the recommended range. Another point that I should emphasize here is that the Time to First Byte (TTFB) was only 153 ms. I have shared the performance report of several Managed WordPress hosting on this website, and this result from a cheap Shared hosting server has outperformed several expensive hosts.
3. CDN Performance Test Result:
During a CDN performance test, we access the web page from different locations and provide the details of each location’s response time. Here, I have used 42 PoPs, scattered around different continents for this test.
Below, I’m sharing the CDN performance test results for the five best locations.
The best performing region was Los Angeles and the corresponding total time was only 15 ms. This happened because of the proximity between the host and test servers. The worst performing region was Sao Paulo, where it took a total of 2169 ms. After that, I calculated the average total time of 42 locations, and it came out to be 986 ms. Again this proves that ExonHost provides excellent services to its customers.
4. Website Stress Test Result:
A stress test is a synthetic experiment to check how much concurrent traffic a website can handle at a time. Usually, shared hosting plans can’t manage more than 20 concurrent requests. However, I went above the limit and sent up to 50 simultaneous users to check the response behavior.
While my website passed the 20 users limit easily, it struggled to serve 50 users at a time, and I noticed 500 internal server error code several times. I never expected it to perform flawlessly with such massive concurrent requests, and I would say the performance was better than my expectations.
I then moved a step further, enabled the LiteSpeed Web Cache Plugin from my cPanel dashboard, and performed the same test again.
Here is the corresponding result.
To my surprise, a significant performance boost was noticed this time, and the response graph behaved almost perfectly. There were no HTTP failures, and the peak requests that it handled per second were more than 45.
With all these results, I can confidently say that ExonHost provides excellent Shared hosting services, far better than many popular brands, to its customers.
ExonHost Hosting Services
ExonHost provides hosting options for all types of customers. Basic hosting starts with Shared SSD hosting plans and can cater small websites. Fully Managed Dedicated hosting is suitable for resource hungry websites and other online businesses.
Below, I’m describing five different hosting services provided by ExonHost so that you can choose the best option for your business.
- SSD Web Hosting: The most popular shared hosting service in the list. This provides three plans suitable for those who need minimal to moderate resources.
- BDIX Hosting: BDIX hosting provides significantly faster loading experience within Bangladesh as local visitors can visit the website without facing any international routing.
- Turbo Hosting: These plans provide a perfect balance between the high power resources and user convenience.
- Reseller Hosting: These whitelabel plans are most suitable for Agencies and Developers.
- VPS Hosting: VPS provides dedicated resources with some level of virtualization. Most suitable for big agencies who don’t want to manage the server by themselves.
- Dedicated Server: Most suitable for those who want the full control and raw power from their servers.
ExonHost Review Highlights
- CloudLinux Virtual Environment: ExonHost employs a Kernel-level virtual environment to isolate each user from others. This efficient methodology ensures that every user gets the specific amount of resources assigned to them.
- LiteSpeed Web Server & LSCache: LiteSpeed server uses proprietary software to handle web applications. With a server-level LSCache service, it can serve more concurrent requests than an Apache server.
- High-Performance NVMe SSD Storage: NVMe allows hardware and software to utilize the maximum level of parallelism in modern SSDs. Therefore, it improves the I/O operations by a significant amount.
- Quic-HTTP/3: Quic works with the HTTP/3 layer to reduce the connection and transport latency.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: ExonHost service level agreement ensures industry-standard uptime guarantee.
- Free SSL Certificate: One-click SSL certificate installation lets you tighten the security of your website.
- 30 Days Money-back Guarantee: All plans come with risk-free 30 days money-back guarantee. So, if you are not happy with their services, claim your money back easily.
- 24/7 Expert Support: Get free expert support with every plan that you purchase from them. During the installation, I contacted their service executive and received a prompt response from them.
- Unlimited email Accounts: Business email is essential to establish your credibility. So get free access to unlimited email addresses.
- DDoS Protection: All shared, turbo, and reseller plans come with free 20 GB DDoS protection. Other security measures include Malware scanning and Spam protection.
- Free Migration: Free migration ensures hassle-free transfer from your existing hosting provider to ExonHost.
ExonHost Pros and Cons
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- LiteSpeed web server with Memcache
- NVMe solid state disk servers
- cPanel with an auto installer
- Free SSL certificate
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- Rock solid security
- No free domain name
- Insufficient data centers in Europe and Asia
- No unmanaged VPS and Dedicated Servers
ExonHost offers many hosting options; Shared hosting, Dedicated Servers and Reseller hosting at an attractive price.
SSD Web Hosting/BDIX Hosting Pricing
|5 GB SSD||10 GB SSD||20 GB SSD|
|1 CPU Core||1 CPU Core||2 CPU Core|
|700 MB RAM||1 GB RAM||2 GB RAM|
|250 GB Bandwidth||500 GB Bandwidth||1000 GB Bandwidth|
|2 Websites||5 Websites||10 Websites|
Turbo Hosting Pricing
|Turbo Plus||Turbo Power||Turbo Prestige|
|50 GB SSD||75 GB SSD||100 GB SSD|
|4 CPU Core||6 CPU Core||8 CPU Core|
|4 GB RAM||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Unmetered Bandwidth||Unmetered Bandwidth||Unmetered Bandwidth|
|Unlimited Websites||Unlimited Websites||Unlimited Websites|
Reseller Hosting Pricing
|20 GB SSD||75 GB SSD||100 GB SSD|
|1 CPU Core/cPanel||1 CPU Core/cPanel||1 CPU Core/cPanel|
|1 GB RAM/cPanel||1 GB RAM/cPanel||1 GB RAM/cPanel|
|500 GB Bandwidth||1000 GB Bandwidth||2000 GB Bandwidth|
|Unlimited Websites||Unlimited Websites||Unlimited Websites|
|25 cPanel||50 cPanel||100 cPanel|
|Xen VPS||OpenVZ VPS|
|30 GB SSD||40 GB SSD|
|1 CPU||2 CPU|
|2 GB RAM||2 GB RAM|
|1 TB Bandwidth||1 TB Bandwidth|
|From $43.00/month||From $27.95/month|
Fully Managed Dedicated Servers Pricing
|Single Processor||Dual CPU Servers|
|2×500 GB SSD||2×500 GB SSD|
|4 Cores||16 Cores|
|3.5 GHz Clock Frequency||2.1 GHz Clock Frequency|
|16 GB DDR4 RAM||32 GB DDR4 RAM|
|10 TB Bandwidth||10 TB Bandwidth|
|From $169.00/month||From $289.00/month|
ExonHost Review: My Final Thoughts
ExonHost is undoubtedly one of the value-driven hosting companies that I have reviewed recently. They provide both dependable and inexpensive hosting solutions to a broad spectrum of users.
Their pricing plans are straightforward, and unlike many other brands, they don’t confuse their clients to pay excessively from their second billing cycle. Moreover, you are covered by their 30 days money-back guarantee.
I have tested their shared hosting plan, and it performed better than my expectations. So, I will recommend it as a value-for-money hosting for small businesses and blogs.
My ExonHost Review Rating
Ease of Use