BlueHost powers more than 2 million websites. It is one of the best picks for a WordPress hosting service if you decide to launch a website. Bluehost is not only an officially WordPress-recommended hosting provider, but it is one of the three hosting services that are endorsed by WordPress.
It offers two different WordPress hosting facilities: Regular WordPress hosting and Managed WordPress hosting.
Let’s have a look, if BlueHost is good for WordPress.
What Makes BlueHost One of the Best WordPress Hosting Platforms?
There are not one or two but a complete list of features that make BlueHost a recommended product for anyone thinking about launching their WordPress website.
- Staging Environment: Changes to any website remain inevitable, and every time you make some alterations to the website, a staging facility offers the ability to test all the changes before making them live.
- Automatic Updates: BlueHost proactively installs the latest updates and bug fixes for you. This ensures that your website remains up to date always.
- 24×7 Support: BlueHost has done a fabulous job of providing dedicated 24/7 WordPress support through both chat and phone. The team ensures to handle all customer-related queries as early as possible.
- Free CDN: All WordPress hosting plans come with a complementary Content Delivery Network. Moreover, the managed plan includes a premium 200+ edge location network for the faster delivery of static assets.
- Free SSL: BlueHost takes site security seriously. Now you can install an SSL certificate from Let’sEncrypt without paying a single dime.
- Free Domain: Get a free domain name for the first year when you commit to a long-term contract. It makes the whole process of hosting a WordPress website hassle-free.
- Money-Back Guarantee: BlueHost is passionate about customer satisfaction, and hence, if you are not satisfied with their plans, the provider will refund the whole amount if you apply within the first month after purchase.
Managed WordPress hosting provides additional features apart from those mentioned above.
- High Availability: With redundant infrastructure and better distribution of resources, managed WordPress hosting from BlueHost provides higher uptime assurance than traditional hosts.
- Daily Backups: Another great feature is its daily automatic backups. Therefore, you don’t need any additional investment to manage your backups.
- Malware Removal: Manage WordPress hosting comes with features like automatic malware detection and removal. Again this saves a lot of money and gives peace of mind.
- Domain Privacy: It saves you from spamming and other disturbances. If your DNS provider charges you for domain privacy, you can switch to a BlueHost managed WordPress hosting plan.
- Jetpack: Get access to various Jetpack premium features for free of cost.
BlueHost WordPress Pricing
BlueHost provides different WordPress hosting plans based on your needs. The pricing for each of the hosting categories is elaborated below:
Unmanaged WordPress Hosting
|1 Website||Unlimited Websites||Unlimited Websites|
|50 GB SSD||Unlimited Storage||Unlimited Storage|
|X||X||Free Domain Privacy|
|Starts from $2.95/mo||Starts from $5.45/mo||Starts from $5.45/mo|
Managed WordPress Hosting
|1 Website||1 Website||1 Website|
|20 GB SSD||40 GB SSD||80 GB SSD|
|200+ PoPs CDN||200+ PoPs CDN||200+ PoPs CDN|
|Daily Backups||Daily Backups||Daily Backups|
|Jetpack Personal||Jetpack Premium||Jetpack Professional|
|Starts from $9.95/mo||Starts from $14.95/mo||Starts from $27.95/mo|
BlueHost WordPress Hosting Pros and Cons
- Migrate from another vendor to BlueHost managed WordPress absolutely free.
- Seamless integration with WordPress
- Access to a free domain name for one year
- Excellent uptime rate of 99.9% or above
- Easy control panel
- The price for Domain renewal is quite high.
- One must be cautious while checking out, as additional features get added to the cart automatically. A failure to uncheck them could result in additional money spent.
- Higher renewal cost
Is BlueHost Good For WordPress?
Since 2005 BlueHost has officially been recommended by WordPress proving its mettle in the WordPress hosting industry. Your site gets automatically installed once you pick your plan and sign up for it. Updates are regularly pushed by the service provider, making it hassle-free for users.
Migration from another host is a complex process, but BlueHost does it for you free of charge. Multiple plans fit anyone’s budget and needs.
So, if you are looking for an affordable yet reliable WordPress host, don’t look beyond BlueHost. I’m sure it will not fail to impress you.