If you are someone who values the environment as much as your website’s performance, GreenGeeks must be your first choice.
Founded in the year 2008, it is currently the only environment friendly website hosting provider that invests thrice the power consumed by them in the form of renewable energy. So, your website will thrive on a 300% green hosting platform.
Being eco-friendly is great, but GreenGeeks doesn’t stop here. They make a couple of strong claims that surely attracts all:
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Complete customer satisfaction with 24/7/365 support
Let’s see if GreenGeeks Hosting is Good or not.
Features That Make GreenGeeks Stand Apart From The Rest
Below I’m mentioning the features offered by GreenGeeks to give you a better idea if this hosting would be suitable for our requirement.
Most website visitors don’t wait for more than 3 seconds. GreenGeeks doesn’t fail in this regard. The provider uses some of the latest technologies such as LiteSpeed Server, LSCache, PHP7, MariaDB, HTTP/2, and CDN to accelerate the loading speed.
GreenGeeks takes care of all server optimization essential to reduce the page-loading time. HTTP/2 is the latest addition that helps speed up communication between the visitor and the server. Solid State Raid-10 Storage Arrays promise the fastest page load time and the best user experience in the industry. No wonder GreenGeeks doesn’t take more than 487 ms to load a website.
2. 99.9% SLA Uptime Guarantee
A website keeps running throughout the day. Therefore Uptime guarantee is a vital matrix that we should check while choosing a web hosting provider.
A good uptime attracts more visitors, enhances the reliability of a website, and decreases the chances of bounce rate. GreenGeeks SLA promises a 99.9% uptime and delivers it too. Several tests have been done using web monitoring services, such as using Uptime Robot, taking a 12-month average. Most of these results show more than 99.9% uptime availability.
This ensures that the platform doesn’t have an annual downtime of more than an hour.
3. Customer Support
A robust customer support system is a great benefit. GreenGeeks knows this well and has ensured to offer various support platforms such as chat, phone, and ticketing systems. Customers can use these services to get 24/7/365-day support. The waiting time to get in touch with a human agent is quite impressive. It takes less than a minute to connect to a support agent via live chat and not more than 20 minutes for an email reply.
Are you someone who loves self-help? Don’t worry; GreenGeeks has an extensive knowledge base to answer your queries. You can choose from various categories such as general hosting, billing or sales-related questions, video tutorials, and many others. If your required question is missing, you can always use the search box to look out for any topic related to your search.
4. A Boon to the Environment
The Internet is one of the worst pollutants, but GreenGeeks takes pride in being environmentally responsible. Recognized by the United States EPA, this company has been a certified “Green Power Partner” since 2009. Besides complying with eco-friendly data centers, the host is powered by 300% renewable energy. You could also become a part of this green venture and contribute to the betterment of the environment.
Other features that make GreenGeeks a good hosting provider:
- cPanel that includes script installers
- A free migration service that helps in a smooth transition from the existing host
- Free domain name for 1st year
- Security features, including zero-day vulnerability fixes, SSL secure server, protection against spamming, automatic brute force detection, and real-time security follow-up
- Built-in scalability feature to scale up resources according to your needs
- Disaster recovery backup for shared, VPS, or reseller hosting plans
GreenGeeks Hosting Pricing
GreenGeeks provides various hosting plans. The pricing differs as per the plan and the hosting type. GreenGeeks hosting plans start at a low rate of $2.49/month, but this is applicable only when you sign for three years. The annual, monthly, or biennial plans are priced higher.
|Hosting Plan Name||Plan Type||Plan Type||Plan Type|
|Web Hosting||Lite : $ 2.49/month||Pro: $4.95/month||Premium: $8.95/month|
|WordPress Hosting||Lite: $2.49/month||Pro: $4.95/month||Premium: $8.95/month|
|Managed VPS Hosting||2GB: $39.95/month||4GB: $59.95/month||8GB: $109.95/month|
|Reseller Hosting||RH-25: $19.95/month||RH-50: $24.95/month||RH-80: $34.95/month|
GreenGeeks Pros and Cons
Every hosting provider has a list of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at whether the pros outweigh the cons with GreenGeeks.
- No questions asked 30-day money-back guarantee
- Multiple data center locations located in Chicago (US), Montreal (CA), and Amsterdam (NL)
- Uptime guarantee of 99.9% and rock-solid performance
- Assured backup every night
- Free site migration, domain name, and unmetered bandwidth
- EPA-recognized eco-friendly web provider
- Quick customer support via chat, email, tickets, and phone
- Misleading pricing structure where the pricing listed stands valid only if you are ready to take a 3-year plan
- The 30-day refund policy doesn’t come free. If you wish to back out, the company charges for the domain name
- Domain renewals come at a higher price
Is GreenGeeks Hosting Good?
GreenGeeks is a great web hosting provider if you are concerned about uptime and performance. Above all, they contribute to the environment and reduce the carbon footprint.
The 24/7 support team does a fabulous job attending to your queries and resolving issues in no time. With scalable resources, security measures, and virtually unlimited resources, GreenGeeks does stand apart from the crowd of web hosting providers and makes a mark for itself.